Shipping, Returns and FAQ
Please note; we only ship within the United States. We do not ship internationally.
What are Your Shipping and Handling Rates?
As much as we would love to offer free shipping like Big-Box, Mega E-commerce sites, it's not feasible. We try our best to share the cost of shipping with the artists, the gallery, and the customer. We don't inflate prices to offer discounts or free shipping. We do our best to provide the most secure way to ship at a reasonable cost and time frame.
Our shipping rates are based on the dollar cost of the sale. Smaller items incur less shipping charges. In these cases, we provide a refund for the overcharge.
We only ship within the US; we do not offer international shipping.
Shipping is calculated at checkout. We ship Monday through Friday, within 48 hours of receiving your order, unless a holiday occurs on a Monday. We require signature confirmation on delivery. We will provide you with a tracking number once we fulfill your order for shipping. Our rates reflect insurance for the value of the item in case of lost, stolen or damaged in transit disasters.
US shipping rates for packing, shipping, and insuring are:
*Items $0-500, approximately 10% shipping, calculated at checkout
*$500-2,000, approximately 7.5% shipping, calculated at checkout
*$2000 and over, approximately 5% shipping, calculated at checkout
For our international clients, shipping is approximately 7.5 % of the price of your item(s) and is calculated at checkout.
Fed Ex Ground and either USPS 1st class or Priority are the primary mailing options we use for shipping. All packages are insured for the value of the item(s) and require a signature. Tracking for the package will be provided to you via email.
Note, some art pieces in the gallery will not be sold if it is the intention of the buyer to transport them outside of the United States. These items are primarily, but not limited to, artwork that has sea mammal parts, or walrus ivory, which have been harvested and worked by Alaska Native Peoples. Please contact our gallery if you have questions.
Do you ship internationally?
We ship within the US at this time.
What is your Returns Policy?
Raven Makes Gallery guarantees the authenticity and integrity of each piece we sell. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please carefully read our return policy. We request you notify us immediately if you decide to return an item.
- Following date of purchase, you will have 10 days to return the item(s).
- After our inspection and acceptance of the return, in its original condition, you have a choice of store credit for future consideration, or exchange for another item of equal value.
- We do not offer refunds.
- To be eligible for store credit or exchange, the item must be in the same condition that you received it, in original packaging, and fully insured for return shipment.
- In the rare even that your item was damaged in transit, immediately make a claim with the delivery service since all shipped items are insured for the purchased value. Retain all packaging material to show carrier.
- To return an item, mail to either: Raven Makes Gallery, P.O. Box 2404, Sisters, OR 97759, or if using FedEx, or UPS, Raven Makes Gallery, 182 E. Hood Ave., Sisters, OR 97759. Signature confirmation is required.
- Shipping and handling costs are non-refundable. The customer is responsible for all return shipping and handling charges.
- Jewelry: All jewelry in our collections has been hand-fabricated. Natural wear and tear, or an accident might cause a piece to become damaged or broken. If this occurs, please send or return the piece for evaluation. Once we look at the piece, we can determine the best course of action to take, which may mean sending the piece back to the artist's studio for repair, to their specifications. Cost and time frame are determined by the artist. This may take 3-8 weeks, and there may be associated charges assigned by the artist, that we must pass on to you.
- Understand that missing or lost stones are replaced at the cost of a new stone, and we cannot exchange or refund for jewelry with missing stones.
- Please treat turquoise, coral and shell jewelry carefully, and do not submerge for long periods of time in water, or wash dishes, the dog, the car, with your jewelry. These natural materials may be stabilized, but will absorb water, swell, shrink, or crack if exposed to water, soap, or chemicals.
Do you offer discounts?
Very seldom. We honor our artists prices, and try to strike the best possible balance for fair and ethical pricing for the artist, the gallery, and the valued customer.
Do your website pictures really look like what I might buy?
We provide photos on our website to help you visualize and choose your piece of art or jewelry. We strive to reproduce the image of our gallery's items in high resolution, and take our pictures in both natural and artificial light. Please realize that limitations in absolute flawless and perfect photographic renditions occur, and computer monitors and devices may have limitations as well when it comes to color variations and light saturation. Don't hesitate to call our gallery if you have questions about color!
Do you offer appraising services?
We do not appraise or consign secondary market work. We don't carry ethnographic pieces or artifacts.
Many people who have Native American artwork, (often inherited) visit our gallery and would like to know more about it. We enjoy discussing your special pieces, as long as we are not attending to customers! We do not offer appraisal services or purchase secondary items, or do consignments.
Doing a search on the internet for 'how to sell your Native American art,' or 'evaluating the worth of my Navajo rug' will lead you to some great sites with ideas. Going closer to the source of where your piece originated or looking into auction house prices, will give you an idea on the possible value of your piece. Auction entities/websites will also give you a sense of value.
Why don't you have pieces from a particular group or people that I'm interested in?
Certainly, we don't carry all possible art forms, nor do we have works from all Indigenous Peoples of the U.S. or Canada. However, most galleries or trading posts dealing in artwork or jewelry from Native American or First Nations Peoples focus on one area or region. We strive to offer a wider scope of work, and will expand our gallery collections as time, energy, outreach and resources allow.
Other Terms and Conditions to Read and Remember!
Wrong Pricing or Typographical Mistakes
Although we strive for completely accurate descriptions and pricing, it is possible that our website may contain erroneous descriptions or wrong values or pricing of pieces for sale online, or our website may inadvertently not charge shipping. In the case that an item purchased contains erroneous information regarding price or shipping we will cancel your order and contact you to clarify the misunderstanding!
Right to Refuse Service and Copyright
In the event that any representative of Raven Makes Gallery deems a certain transaction or customer as fraudulent or corrupt, we have the right to refuse service and cancel your order. All funds will be returned.
All the content, visuals, text or graphics displayed on the website Raven Makes Gallery is regarded as the intellectual property of Raven Makes Gallery.